Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chapter 2

Internet services are things offered through the world wide web. This includes web search, web browsers, emails, and blogs. The guide to the world wide web at the end of the chapter separates websites into different groups. The groups are resources, auctions, travel, finance, fun and entertainment, government, shopping, weather, sports, news, learning, and environment. (There are more, but I don't want to list them all.) Search tools are things used in order to search the internet for specific information since the internet is so large. It makes information a lot easier to find. Search engines include google, yahoo, and metacrawler.

I really haven't learned much since the last week of class. I guess I could say that I've learned a more efficient way to find things through search engines than before.

I am really stressing out about this weekend because I am a dancer in Dance Marathon. I am really excited about doing it, but I really can't imagine being on my feet for 32 hours straight. Wish me luck and hope I don't die!

No comments: