Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Post #1

I believe that John M. Keller's ARCS motivational model is pretty dead-on. Technology is so important in student's lives today and tying technology with the classroom should spark student's interest more. By using digital media in the classroom, you focus not only on auditory learners but visual learners as well. This is important so that all student's can focus and not help just one specific learning group.

Since my first post, I have learned some new things about Microsoft Word that I never knew existed. I have used Microsoft Word for as long as I can remember, but used it only for papers for school. Every now and again I would add a table or a graph to it, but that's about it. Now I know how to add pictures, hyper links, columns, and page breaks. This will all be helpful in the future in order to make handouts more interesting for my students.

I am actually really excited about this class and am looking forward to seeing what other new things that I am going to learn. Although, I am not excited that it is at 9 am, but I guess I'll survive. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't comment on your blog last week. Dr. Keller is a really nice guy and teaches right here in the Stone building. He may be one of the most popular (or at least widely) mentioned faculty in the building. His ARCS model shows up EVERYWHERE.